there was a date and dash "speed dating" event posted on www.eventsetter.com. It was to be at Avalon restuarant in Richmond, VA on wed 5/12/2010, with the 1st twenty signups getting it free, usual charge for these events is $35. I and a friend both registered. Then, I started to get phone calls from a number that I didn't recognize #804.332-5090. They have never left a message. I called the number from my work phone and got a message "hi, this is joanna, from connections" ... I hung up, and googled connections. It is a speed dating sevice, however, I feel jerked around at this point. We have called Avalon restaurant, and they are not having a speed dating event. They were not happy about this situation either. I think this is a sort of "bait & switch" scam, where you sign up for one event, then they switch you to another and you have to pay and are charged more than you thought, etc. Don't fall into this trap!

This is the original link where i found the event: http://www.eventsetter.com/events/USA/Virginia/Richmond/Parties-Social-Singles_Events/event104643.html

This is the connections website: http://www.connectionsdating.com/richmond/richmond-speed-dating.html

Don't fall into this trap!

Had an Experience with Date and Dash?

Comments

I have no idea what this person is talking about, but Connections Dating is not a speed dating service, and has been nothing but professional with me from Day 1.

I suspect you have your facts confused.