I have signed up for a Date and Dash event in Alexandria, VA in Feb'10.Instead of the promised $35USD fee they fraudulently charged my card $115 USD.

There is no phone number to call and the address is registered under a PO Box in Chicago. The name of the owner is Villius Gavrilenka, who is a one man operation and a crook. When I came in to the event, I was the only person there with my friend, although the site claimed that there were only 2 places left. It's a marketing scam!!!!

I found some number linked to them online and any attempt to get a call back was unsuccessful!

Never sign up for anything associated with this "service" and look for respectful organizations putting theses events on.Date and Dash is a scam, money fraud and should be reported to the Attorney Generals office!!!

Had an Experience with Date and Dash?

Comments

To all event coordinators that "have not been paid" . We only pay for the services that you provide to us. So if you do not show up on time, or do not enter matches on time, (please read all the customer reviews above), please do not expect to be paid on time.

We have great event coordinators working our events and GETTING PAID everyday for it.

Now for the angry customers: Your opinion really matters to us. I am so sorry if your event was canceled. I will be more than glad to put your name on the list for another event of your choice. The reason our tickets are non-refundable is because when we book the space, we need to pay in advance, and if some people do not show up and the event gets canceled or rescheduled, we still have to pay the venue for the space. Even with some canceled events, we are still a great deal as far as it comes to dating services. Just think about it, 10+ dates on Tuesday night for $35.00!!!! There are no guarantees in dating as you know it very well, but I can guarantee you I am not a "crook or a scam artist" as some people and my ex-emolyees/competitors trying to make me look like. And that you will have fun at our events. Our success ratio is 90%!!!

I am just a simple guy that trying to do my best to make single people meet a potential partner at a reasonable price. All rescheduling and refund policies are disclosed on the website before you purchase your ticket. If you have any questions. Please feel free to contact me...

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to these comments and to apologize to my daters.

#220921

This fraudulent company is run by Vilius Gavrilenka who is a total scam artist and crook

#220919

I had the same experience as everyone else.Signed up for event.

Go there and the the bar manager has no idea about the event. The crook Villius Gavrilenka says it was canceled and refuses to give a refund. Luckly my bank denied the charges.

Thenm the fricking criminal *** bag Villius Gavrilenka tried to charge my card again but the bank changed the number so he couldn't.Why is this piece of *** Villius Gavrilenka not in jail????

Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, United States #210703

Total scam.I saw this too late as well.

On the night of the event, 5 of us showed up and the bar manager had no idea her bar was supposed to be used for this event. The very next day I recieved an email from date and dash saying the event coordinator was involved in a car crash and as a result, she was not able to host the event. No refunds were permitted, but the next scheduled event would be free of charge. This didn't sound right so I did an internet search and came across all the fraud and scam complaints about this company.

I contacted my bank and was able to place a block on date and dash in case they keep charging my card.I will be contacting the Lousiana Attorney General's office to see about pursuing some sort of criminal investigation.

#209456

Thank-You everyone for your comments and warnings!I just spoke with Villius Gavrilenka about an event staff position advertised on Craig's List, and I had my suspicions about him right away!

Grrrrr...I hate these 'freakin' scam artists that prey on innocent people on Craig's List!It seems to be happening all the time now so you never really know what's legit anymore on CL.

#192903

I also signed up for the date and dash speed dating in Houston, and did not get the event I was promised.I looked into their refund policy which reads..

YOU AGREE THAT DATEANDDASH HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE EVENT VENUE.

YOU ALSO AGREE THAT DATEANDDASH HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE EVENT. IF YOUR EVENT IS CANCELED, YOU AGREE THAT YOU CAN ATTEND ANOTHER EVENT OF YOUR CHOICE.

Didnt expect them to do both in the same night.NEVER EVER use this company.

#192722

I saw this comment board too late - 10 of us signed up for an event in Houston. After receiving a last minute venue change text/email, we arrived to find there was no event. Seventeen people sitting around feeling duped!

The only "dashing" done was this scammer running away with our money.

I signed up for a service with them too.They never called or emailed me, I tried to contact them several times, both by phone and through online form.

Never got any response back. They took my money and failed to deliver services.

Then my bank couldn't dispute the charges either because the fees are supposedly non-refundable.They are criminals and frauds.

I had a very similar experience.Such a fraud.

How do we get him out of business so others aren't scammed.

To add insult to injury...my personal information was sold to a third party.

Date and Dash is a ripoff and Villius Gavrilenka is a crook. throw him in jail!!